Acts 3:20,21 says
“… and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began…”
The word of God is clear that before Lord JESUS CHRIST comes back again restoration of all things must take place first. In this second part we will try to study few more blessings that Abraham had which God wants to restore to HIS people before HIS coming.
9) Genesis 18:17,18– God talked to Abraham and nothing was hidden from him. My dear friends this is one of the greatest treasure a child of God can have and HOLY SPIRIT is eager to give it to HIS children in these last days. Ephesians 3:5 says that the mysteries are revealed to HIS apostles and Prophets. God Himself visited Abraham and revealed about the future events about to occur in Sodom and Gomorrah. Our spiritual eyesight must be opened to know the coming times and the seasons in these last days. This part of Abraham’s blessing must be restored in order to know the will and the plans of God for HIS people. Even though Abraham is known as the Father of faith but on the other hand his spiritual eyes were opened and ears opened to know the mysteries and secrets of God.
10) Acts 7:2-3 says that God appeared to Abraham. There is no substitute of talking to God Himself face to face. It is one thing to hear the voice of God through faith or word of God or inspiration or still small voice but very few have this grace to know God face to face like Prophet Abraham,Enoch, Moses,Prophet Daniel, St Paul, St John. There are many examples in this present world like that, Br D.G.S Dhinakaran,Br Sadhu Sundar Singh, Br Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj, Br Neville Johnson, Br T.L Osborn, Br John Rabindranath, Br David Owuor, Br Bobby Connors and many others like them in this present age who have walked and are walking with God like that. This blessing will be manifested in these end times like never before.
11) James 2:23 and Isaiah 41:8 says that Abraham was a friend of God- My friends we were bought by our Lord JESUS CHRIST as a bond servant. Romans 1:1 says Paul, a bond servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God. But God promoted to be HIS child as per Romans 8:14,16. But God wants HIS children to be promoted to a level of friendship and finally HIS bride. John 15:14,15 says
You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.
Abraham was obedient to God in everything and therefore was a friend of God. God revealed everything to Abraham. It is the HOLY SPIRIT who enables and equips HIS children to become obedient to Lord JESUS CHRIST. Philippians 2:8 says Lord JESUS CHRIST was obedient even unto death. Hebrews 2:18 says HE is able to help us in the times of test or trials. Lord wants HIS people to reach HIS full stature as per Ephesians 4:11-13.
12) John 8:33- Freedom– teaches us that Jewish people had this revelation of children of Abraham being free from bondage. They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?” This is one of the signs that Abraham’s seed are free from bondage i.e. bondage of sin, sickness, curses, world, flesh,occult and works of the flesh.
13) Freedom from curses Galatians 3:13,14- “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
The curse is removed and blessing is imparted from the Cross of our Lord JESUS CHRIST. The curses were taken by our Lord JESUS CHRIST in order for us to be partakers of Abraham’s blessing. From the above verse it is clear that blessing includes implantation of The HOLY SPIRIT by faith in CHRIST JESUS our Lord, Savior and Father.
14) John 8 :39- Deeds of Abraham- Those who are the descendants of Abraham will really do the deeds like Abraham. This is what was told by our Lord JESUS CHRIST. It cannot be that we are using the name of Lord JESUS CHRIST to claim the promises for our benefits but then we are leading a life reflecting the deeds of the devil. Luke 24:19 says Lord JESUS CHRIST was a Prophet mighty in word and in deed. Bible says that Matthew 7: 20 says Therefore by their fruits you will know them. The fruits reflect a person’s true self and not the gifts.Our character is what speaks volumes. Bible says we are living epistles being read by the people. Even up-to this date Jews know the life and glory that rested upon Abraham’s life.
15) Genesis 13:2 –“Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold.” The bible says Abraham earlier know as Abram was very rich in possessions. My friends Abraham was blessed Spiritually and it also manifested in his natural life. In these end times before the full manifestation of anti- Christ in this world, there is coming a tremendous wealth transfer into the true believer’s life that the enemy has kept it all this while. Lord will equip HIS body like Abraham and Prophet Joseph to not only survive but thrive in the coming famine and persecution. True seed of Prophet Abraham won’t be dependent on the worldly system. God will prepare HIS chosen ones in these last days.
16) Genesis 15:6 says And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. His believe in the promises and covenant of God made him righteous in the sight of God. He first believed and then he received, so God honored that. It was a real test of faith on his part, but God knew Abraham’s life and heart. He was loyal in his God induced faith.
17) Genesis 15:18
On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”
Yes Abraham was a man of covenant. God made direct covenant with Abraham and not only to him but to future generations as well. The covenant to bless him was established forever.
My friends there are various other aspects that are not covered in this teaching about the blessings on the life of Prophet Abraham, the father of faith. But the above points are enough to portray the hand of God that rested on Abraham in a unique way. In these last days before the coming of our Lord JESUS CHRIST we will see the fullness of the blessing on Abraham being manifested in the life of believers.