My friends, we know that certainly these are the last days. JESUS is coming soon. But before HE comes back there is going to be a tremendous shaking that will take place.
That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Nothing is new under the sun, yes this is what the word of God teaches us. In the last days when the shaking will take place as per Haggai 2:6-9, we will see perilous times upon the earth. There is going to be a famine all over the world. The famine of natural food and also spiritual food. When we read the very words of Lord JESUS CHRIST our father in Matthew 24:7-8
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Famines have occurred in the past all over the globe, but in Revelation 6:7-8, the word of God says
When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.
It means when the fourth horse is let loose then there will be enormous deaths around the globe because of various reasons as mentioned above. One of the reasons mentioned is hunger (famine). In Amos 8:11 it talks about the famine of the word of God. In this article we are talking about the first famine i.e. of natural food (bread and water).
As we read the book of Genesis, we notice an important character whose name was Joseph. He was the eleventh son of Jacob but first from Rachel.(Genesis 30:22-24). Joseph means “he will add” or may HE (Yahweh) add. Lord raised Joseph for such a time when Pharaoh had a dream and was perplexed to know the meaning (interpretation) of the dream but couldn’t find the right person to reveal. Joseph at that time was in the prison but in Genesis 41:14 Pharaoh called for Joseph and asked him to interpret the dream in Genesis 41:15. Then after reading the full passage we understand that how God uses Joseph with a different mantle to be a source of blessing to Egypt as well as Israel. As a result Joseph was elevated to second in position to Pharaoh. Even Jacob had to come to his son Joseph in his latter years and lived with him. But what were the reasons that God blessed Joseph more than all in that land? Let us see some of the important points that caused Joseph to be blessed and be a blessing to others
1) Dreams and Visions– Joseph was a man who was gifted with dreams. Lord spoke to him through dreams. Genesis 37:5-9. My friends God does speak to us through dreams and we must value and discern them. Pray over those dreams and wait patiently like Joseph for their fulfillment. Joseph waited for almost thirteen years for his dreams to be fulfilled. Kindly read James 1:2-4 which talks about the importance of the fruit of patience.
2) Opposition/Persecution– In Genesis 37:5-11 when we read that Joseph talked about his dream to his kith and kin, his own household (including his father) rebuked him and his brothers envied him. My friends when we grow in the Lord then the first opposition will be from our family members and then by our fellow believers or seniors in the Lord (Jacob was anointed still he rebuked his own son Joseph for the dream). Matthew 5:11-12
“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
Joseph was a persecuted but he had prophetic mantle upon him, which made him a blessing to others. Last days anointing will result in opposition by the people who lack discernment but Lord will pour out his prophetical anointing in an unusual manner like that on Prophet Joseph who will guide this generation amidst famine and hunger in the world.
3) Presence of the Lord– Genesis 39:2,3,21,23 says that the Lord was with Joseph. Yes if God is with us then who can be against us. Joseph had this grace that God was with him always and therefore he became successful and prosperous in all his ways. JESUS said in Matthew 28:20
“…lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
When we pray my friends we must have this revelation that God is omnipresent and HE is there with us in our closet or prayer chamber. This will change our whole attitude of approaching GOD. God will give us the grace to immediately enter into HIS realm rather than waiting for God to intervene in our earthly realm. Joseph was at his lowest point in life but God was with him all the time. You may be going through adverse circumstances like Joseph but God is with you and will bring you out victorious.
4) Holy Spirit– Genesis 41:38 says that Joseph had the Spirit of God in him. Holy Spirit is the only source of every good thing and all the blessings in our life. Make Holy Spirit your best friend and companion. HE wants to be with you, in you (John 14:16,17)and come upon you (Luke 4:18). As Pharaoh testified to this truth, same thing will happen to this last generation with this mantle that people and those of opposition will testify about such people.
5) Discerning and Wise– Genesis 41:39 mentions about these two gifts in Joseph. The gift of wisdom operated in a different dimension in the life of Joseph. He used his gifting to interpret dreams (given to Baker, Butler and Pharaoh) and thus was elevated. Every individual has one or the other talents or gifts given by Almighty God, but it is up-to us that how we polish and use these gifts to serve others and in turn manifest the power of God for HIS glory alone.
6) Holiness– In Genesis 39 we read about a temptation that Joseph faced in the form of Potiphar’s wife, who tried to entice Joseph with an unholy offer. But Joseph ran for his life and guarded his holiness (chastity). Lord blessed Joseph seeing his fruit of endurance, even though he was defamed and faced prison for false allegations. My dear friends you may be facing a similar situation but God is on the throne and HE has not forgotten you and won’t let you down.
7) Covenant– Joseph was a descendant of Prophet Abraham. Lord had already made covenant with Abraham to bless him and make him a blessing to others (Genesis 12:1-3). Joseph was a child of covenant. Jacob his father too was blessed by God and his named changed to Israel. Lord had prophetically shown to Joseph (Gen 37:7-10) about him being a source of blessing to his household members. This prophecy had to be fulfilled. Lord never forgets HIS covenant, promises and prophecies.
8) Favor Of people– As per Genesis 39:4,21,40-42 we notice that Joseph not only had God’s favor but also favor among men here on earth. This same pattern is reflected in the life of our Lord JESUS CHRIST (Luke 2:52). There is an anointing of favor that God will impart in this generation before the coming of the Lord. People whom even you do not know will shower favor on you, as a result blockages and hindrances will be removed.
9) Prophetical mantle– Joseph had this prophetical mantle to interpret the future events and thus could guide the people of Egypt and Israel both. The Spirit of wisdom and understanding (Isaiah 11:2) rested upon him. This is a vital aspect of last days anointing that will preserve the people of the Lord amidst famine of food (bread) and water crisis. The mantle of Joseph will come upon many in this generation to help those who are in need and the church. Prophetical anointing will have this component of wisdom, understanding and revelation from God to be a light to the world in darkness.
10) Love and forgiveness– Joseph had a father’s heart to forgive and love his own brothers who tried to kill him years ago. His heart was broken and wounded, but when the time came he forgave his brothers who were in need and loved them. Lord cannot trust us with his gifts and riches if we do not develop character to handle it. We must have a heart to forgive and embrace those who have offended or hurt us if they return to us like prodigals with a repentant heart. Joseph was blessed to be a blessing to others. Lord will entrust only those with this mantle who are selfless and willing to help others during the time of famine.
Prophetical word-Kindly pray to God keeping in view the times and the seasons in which we are living before the coming of the Lord. Lord will raise up Joseph’s in these last days to prepare the world for the coming famine and water scarcity. The wisdom of the Lord JESUS will be showered on the selfless generation who are going through trials and whose trust has been betrayed by their own but are ready to forgive them without holding any grudge. The blessing is to bless others. Amen.