BODY OF LORD JESUS CHRIST
The Body of CHRIST has an important role in a believer’s life. There are various Revelations regarding the body of CHRIST. Lord JESUS died for us on the Cross. HE shed HIS Blood and HIS Body was broken for us. As the Blood of Lord JESUS CHRIST is important so is the body of our Precious Lord JESUS CHRIST. There are many scriptures relating to the Body of CHRIST, out of which few are:-
1) 1 Corinthians 12:27-As members
Now you are Christ’s body, and individually members of it.
2) Romans 12:4-5-Differeent functions and roles being a part of same body of CHRIST
For just as we have many members in one body and all the members do not have the same function, so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.
3) Colossians 1:24-Figurative of the Church
Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions.
4) Ephesians 5:23-JESUS is the Savior of the body
For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.
5) Colossians 2:19-Source is LORD JESUS CHRIST for the whole growth of the body.
and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.
6) 1 Corinthians 10:16-17-Bread is the figurative for the body of CHRIST
Is not the cup of blessing which we bless a sharing in the blood of Christ? Is not the bread which we break a sharing in the body of Christ? Since there is one bread, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one bread.
7) 1 Corinthians 12:25-26-Having same care and compassion for each other being the part of same body
so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.
8) Ephesians 4:25-Speaking the Truth is a Protocol as a part of the body of CHRIST
Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another.
9) Colossians 3:15-Called for Peace being the part of same body
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
10) Ephesians 4:11-13-Five fold given to train the body of CHRIST
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ.
11) 1 Corinthians 11:24-Body of LORD JESUS CHRIST broken for us
and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.”
12)1 Peter 2:24-LORD JESUS CHRIST Took our curses and sins to heal us and make us Righteous in CHRIST JESUS
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.